Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 - The Year That Is

Welcome to 2009, everyone! 

I'm very excited about what the coming year holds for me, work-wise. 

Dynamo 5 should have two issues out this month -- both issue #19 (the conclusion to the series' third arc) and issue #0, the special 99-cent jump-on issue. Issue #20 is halfway drawn as I write this, and then Yildiray Cinar will be drawing part of issue #21 so that the book doesn't fall behind when Mahmud takes some time off to attend the New York Comicon. You may remember that Yildiray drew part of issue #15, and he did a great job. We're happy to have him back.

Jon Sommariva and I are bound and determined to see Gemini to its conclusion in 2009. Jon's got most of issue #4 drawn and may wind up coloring it himself. We haven't worked that out yet. But the book will conclude.

Yildiray Cinar and I will be launching our new monthly series from Image probably around summer 2009. We haven't scheduled it yet because we want to get a good lead, production-wise. So we won't schedule it until we have a comfortable body of work built up.

I'm also working on a 5-part crime mini-series at Image, with Turkish artist Koray Kuranel. We don't have a release date for this one either, as we hope to complete the entire mini-series before soliciting it. It's a straight crime story, too. No fantasy elements whatsoever, and I'm incredibly psyched about it.

I've also been talking to a major publisher about doing some work for them. The project hasn't been finalized yet, but I hope to get things nailed down in the next week or two and once we're under way, it should be available relatively quickly.

And last but not least, my Witchblade Annual will be out in February, and hopefully that's not the last you've seen of me at Top Cow.

2 comments:

Caine said...

I'm sure you know,and are enjoying, the fact that I'm panting like a dog awaiting news on your new superhero monthly...

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm on all of that coolness coming out. Surprised and happy about a new forthcoming Jay Faerber crime story!