Friday, June 13, 2008

On sale 06/18

It's the second Dynamo 5 trade paperback, and the second issue of Gemini! I'm really excited about both of these books. The first Dynamo 5 trade sold really well, and, like a lot of books these days, we've got a lot of people bypassing the monthlies and just reading the trades.

I'm just about to start the script for Dynamo 5 #16, and I was looking through some files related to the book and saw that Mahmud and I started working on this series over two years ago! It was May 2006 when we decided to team up on this thing. And don't even get me started on how long I've been doing Noble Causes. I started that book in 2001. I pretty much can't remember what my life was like before I had the Noble family swimming around in my head.

Gemini is proving to be loads of fun, too. Jon Sommariva is just drawing the hell out of this thing, and colorist Fco Plascencia is becoming a force to be reckoned with. I just finished the script for issue #4, and Jon is in the middle of drawing issue #3. Each issue's taking a little longer to finish than we'd hoped, but when you see how much detail Jon puts into every page, I think you'll forgive the delay.

Well, I should get back to work now. I've gotta get the script for Dynamo 5 #16 written, so I can jump immediately into the script for Noble Causes #37!

0 comments: